Sunday, 9 March 2014

Design Your Regex Trees


At first glance, I was utterly confused by what our specific task for Assignment 2 part 1 was.  It seemed rather ambiguous.  I found differentiating between the design of Regex Tree and Tree to be most troublesome.  My implementation of class ParentRegexTree seemed to mimic the implementation of class Tree in lecture in almost every way imaginable.  It was practically identically structured code with a few differences.  Namely, my ParentRegexTree class had child classes.  The necessity of these child classes at first, seemed rather pointless to me.  Initially, I felt everything could be performed in the parent class, although I soon saw the larger picture.  Nonetheless, I did successfully complete my regex design employing inheritance as required.  Overall, I guess the greatest challenge I encountered on this assignment was the simplicity.  So simple it actually looked complicated.

“Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” 
-Confucius 

No comments:

Post a Comment